Saturday, August 1, 2009

4 am, Lawrence Welk

This blog this is too confusing for me. I don't even know how it works.

I bet Lawrence Welk wasn't popular when he was a kid. I still wish, however, that he was still alive so I could be his friend. When I was younger, my father used to wake me up on Saturdays and make me watch re-runs of the Lawrence Welk show. I don't remember much of it, just that it was dull as lint.

It's almost 4 am, Andy is lolling about in his own private pile of cat hair, and I am researching Lawrence Welk and I don't know why. The SNL skit/parody of the Lawrence Welk show is pretty funny.

I bet most people don't know who Lawrence Welk is.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Your newest entry caught my attention. My husband loves to watch old LW reruns tto!
    I must say though I don't even have to see your profile to get a good guess at your age. LOL
    You are right though sadly enough there are plenty of young bloggers saying Lawrence who?
    check me out http://llmoore2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete